Saturday, August 01, 2009

Where did the summer go?

This summer has gone by so quickly, and for the most part, I don't feel like I have too much to show for it. This is definitely not the best gardening year I've ever had, that's for sure. Having a couple of visitors from the north will help the balance sheet for sure.

Before I start feeling too nostalgic, I'll admit that I'm glad that crazy July heatwave is gone. Now only the late afternoons seem unbearable. Maybe I can finally get a few bike rides in before fall hits...the heat's really been cramping my style.

I'm already starting to get a regular flow of correspondence from the school district reminding me of the inevitable. Before I know it, pretty soon it'll be time to go back to school, which will be an "interesting" experience this year. All that I can really say about it is that all the variables have changed once again...but then again, they always do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home