Monday, July 27, 2009

being pregnant in the summer is no fun

Being pregnant has been an experience, but now we've hit some truly summer-like weather, its a bit more problematic. I'm not huge as a watermelon yet, but I'm not exactly enjoying this 95-100 degree weather we're having. Thankfully it's not as humid here as it is in the south, but when you're pregnant, your tolerance for heat tends to get very low no matter what. It definitely makes hot summer weather seem even hotter, and more miserable.

So for the next week or so, I'm going to have to stay indoors and hover around the window air conditioner installed in the bedroom. Good thing I just got a stack of books to read from Margo. I'd love to go swimming, but I'm sure half of the neighborhood is gonna be at the neighborhood pool, and I don't generally like being around tons and tons of splashing kids. I have a kiddie pool in the backyard, but the trouble is, when it gets this hot, the temperature is like bathwater, so it's not very refreshing. Sigh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home