Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Starting to feel some fetal movements...

The thought had crossed my mind, but I dismissed it. Surely, at a mere 15 weeks, it was way too early to be feeling any fetal movement yet. But I could swear that's exactly what was going on. At Tori Amos, it felt like sprout was totally rockin' out in there. A couple other times, when I was sitting still, I thought I felt a poke or two, but dismissed it as a figment of my imagination. Then, on the way to the prenatal appointment, Brian was listening to the Beastie Boys (with the bass cranked up) and I felt it again. One of the pregnancy books says that it could happen anytime after 16 weeks, so the possibility had occurred to me.

The midwife asked me if I had felt anything yet, so I told her "Maybe, but I'm a rank amateur so I have no idea." Sitting there on the exam table with the cold goop on my belly, my midwife was listening to the heartbeat (didn't take long to find this time around) when there were a few sonic interruptions. She said, "That was a kick there. Did you feel that?" Yep, you bet!

So I guess it's not just my overactive imagination, I am getting some perceptible movement. It's pretty subtle, of course, but if I'm paying attention, I can feel it sometimes. Especially at night when there aren't too many other distractions.

After all that, we decided to go celebrate by heading over to the theater and seeing Transformers. I'll have to admit it wasn't as good as the first one, but pretty decent anyhow. Sitting still for movies/concerts/etc. is getting harder to do, but I'm willing to make the effort since after Jan. 2010, I probably won't be able to go to a movie for ages...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home