Thursday, July 02, 2009

Garibaldi

We went over to Garibaldi to go crabbing, and it was a really nice day, but we didn't time it right to coincide with the best tidal position, so we didn't catch much of anything. Lots of small fry, nothing legal.

Since I had the dog with me, I got to do a bit more exploring than I usually do. I took her on a walk down the path towards the Coast Guard Station, and back. We walked along the rocky beach for awhile, and climbed up and walked back along the railroad tracks. Along the way, I found a nice patch of dewberries, so I picked some to snack on.

It was nearly the perfect day, but no crabs to show for it. Still it was nice to sit out on the pier and watch the waves roll on by. Every now and then you could see a sea lion swimming nearby, or cormorants diving. A bald eagle flew over at one point, and I saw herons fly over as well. It was a nice day just to sit out and chill.

Woulda bought some crabs on the way home, but they wanted between $6-$7 a pound. Cra-zeee. Thems' restaurant prices. Nope, no thank you, not when I can buy them at the Vietnamese market way way cheaper every day of the week. Oh well.

One weird thing that happened to me was that I found a ring in the parking lot. If you're missing one, you might want to get in touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home