Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sauvie Island

I took my first trip to Sauvie Island since last fall today. Figured as long as I was 3/4 of the way there, why not pay them a visit.

The weather was nice, and I wanted to pick some strawberries. The trouble is, they were pretty "picked out", so I did get to pick that many. Most of the ones that were left were pretty small, and after working my way down an entire row, I didn't have much to show for my efforts (other than a John Wayne shuffle), but at least they'll taste good, and go nicely on top of ice cream. That's all I really need them to do anyway...

I was a few days too early for cherries, and raspberries aren't on out there, even though they are at home...so I guess I'll have to make another trip out there...sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home