Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jobs???

I wasn't really planning on applying for any jobs for the 2009-2010 school year. For one, there really aren't any ESL or Language Arts positions open, and as a sub, I don't have any special privileges to take advantage of internal postings.

Frankly, unless you teach SPED, math, or happen to be a speech pathologist, there's not much out there. I think a lot of districts must be having a hiring freeze, and Portland actually laid a bunch of people off, why would they be hiring? So I haven't seen but maybe one certified position that I'd be eligible to apply for, so I hadn't put much thought into it.

I was totally fine with being a sub again next year, but now I'm in a position where I need to up the ante a bit. I did see a couple of jobs that might be worth applying for, though. They're not necessarily my area, but I could do them, and be fine with it. I'm also sure that hundreds of other people are also applying for them, so there's really not much of a chance of me getting any of them, but oh well. It's worth a try...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home