Monday, July 06, 2009

Gettin' back into it

It's always hard to find your momentum after a vacation. It sure was nice to spend several days out at the beach, but I'm having a hard time getting motivated to get back into some semblance of my normal routine.

I'd really like to just blow off everything, cut loose, and go to the Oregon Country Fair for the next week, but it's not practical. I think this is going to be yet another one of those years where I don't get to go. With Tori Amos coming up on Saturday, I can't really find a way to make it happen. And truth be told, I should probably stay here and put more focus on finding a job for the next school year.

Thankfully the heat went away for awhile. I'm really not ready for it to be 95 degrees, although that would be totally appropriate weather for July. I have a lot of physical outdoor hard manual labor that I somehow need to find the motivation to do, but doing it in 95 degree weather means it'll continue to not happen. Now there's at least a chance I'll get off my duff and get it done.

Another thing I should totally stop procrastinating on is finalizing my Mid-Level Endorsement. Not that there's any certified teaching jobs posted for middle school but you never know, it COULD happen...in the same likely sense that it could snow. Seriously, I've never seen such a dry spell of jobs...

I need to start spending more time at PSU...as long as I have a working computer account, I should convert more files to PDF, and take advantage of the resources that are surprisingly still available to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home