Sunday, October 14, 2007

she said it better than i ever could have

Some days feel a lot like this:
I didn't write this...but I could have.

"On Wednesday, I had a hard day. Actually it was just one class. And it wasn’t even my students. It was me. I stood in front of my class and felt completely lost, completely helpless. I had no idea what I was doing and I had NO control whatsoever. It was my class and I didn’t know what to do. I kept looking at the students who were being disruptive and not knowing how to get them to pay attention. Then I looked at the students were honestly there to try and learn and feeling so sorry for all of them. I could not get over my feeling of failure in my classroom." from a TFA blog

This is what some days feel like.
And no matter how many times people tell you not to take it personally, you do. You really can't help it. This is why Peterson says it takes six years before you feel like you know what you're doing. I'm starting to believe it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home