Wednesday, September 26, 2007

O-Tsukimi 月見

The moon, a playful glowing orb,
rising out of the west,
outshines the feeble efforts of the street lights,
and stirs the neighborhood cats,
like shisa 師子 coming to life, sentinels watching me,
to the west, mars winks knowingly as i walk under the shedding sequoia,
only the crunching of leaves under my feet disturbs the silence of the evening,
the air, soft and warm, comforts me like my favorite blanket,
a subtle smokiness to the air brings back memories of tales around a campfire,
Tonights, I feel like dancing, giddy and shameless in the deserted streets,
I feel like sitting out on the front porch all night
with a mason jar full of wine for company,
Like laying in the grass all evening by the river,
The way we did when we first met.

月見 25.9.07

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home