Friday, September 21, 2007

the whirlwind

today's stream of consciousness:

woke up this morning feeling a bit rough, like i got run down by a whole fleet of UPS trucks on I-5 heading out for Next Day Airs;
I got them dusk-at-dawn no coffee blues, some think I'm gettin' a bit too friendly with ginger tea, and not really liking that copy machine--or the smell of burnt toner;
I'm never quite sure what to do because it's hard to operate on 100 percent inference, to go from zero to 60mph, or to take the test before the class has started,
sometimes it feels like a circus or an overcrowded jail, the class of 35 may be loud but they're really not that bad;
sometimes i feel like a drunken accordion serenade on a windy day with crows circling around me clapping their hands and whistling like some kinda rude auction,
or maybe that's just all the stuff whirling around in my head like an overflowing recycling bin;
I'm so out of touch with nature right now and have no sense of which end is up, whether it's day or night, hot or cold, sunny or rainy, it's been a hard year in that sense being stuck inside a whole lot more than I would like;
the kids are fun: comical and disaffected, thorny and vulnerable, amusing and exasperating, surprising and predictable (even though sometimes they act like buttheads), i can't help but like high school kids because they're so entertaining even when they're trying so hard not to be.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home