Thursday, September 13, 2007

the first plague of the year

I knew it wouldn't take very long to succumb to some sort of malady, but I wasn't expecting it to strike on the second week of school. On Wednesday, I noticed that I was coughing quite a bit more than normal. The sky was kind of heavy and oppressive and I had blamed it on that, but it hung on throughout the day, and I came down with that feeling that you get when you just know something ain't quite right. Urrgh. Thursday came along and my stamina tanked, and about halfway through the day, I felt like curling up on a couch was about all the more I felt up to. I didn't...but maybe I should have. By 7th period I was feeling downright dizzy and couldn't hardly remember anyone's names.

Everyone's been telling me their horror stories of their first year of teaching and being sick all the time. I decided to take the hint to stay home, sleep until my body felt like joining the waking world, and getting some work done on my looming work sample. I also made a point of going over to New Seasons and getting some potions and tea to keep me alive during this intense phase of graduate school. I need to take better care of myself...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home