Saturday, September 01, 2007

the waning days of summer

"Any day that I get to eat corn on the cob is a good day", I said as I sat out on the porch looking at nothing in particular across the street. Not too many chances to do this left in the year. Soon enough it will be cold and rainy.

I'm saying goodbye to the summer. August is officially gone now. The blackberries are withering and drying up. The air has that feel it gets just before fall. I'm painfully aware that this fantastic lull of vacation is about to come to an abrupt end. Soon enough these lazy days of riding my bike and scoring apples will be over, and instead I'll be grading papers, writing papers, and reading books that aren't necessarily of the fun variety.

Ah, it never lasts long enough...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home