Monday, January 01, 2007

how are you different?

Imagine you are in a room with 50 random strangers. List ten ways that you are PROBABLY different from every stranger in that room, then write a poem that celebrates those differences.

We lived in a commune in the middle of the hood,
Grew our veggies and chopped our wood,
DIY--don't buy it at the store,
We knew the secrets of herbal lore,

Don't really don't know the meaning of home,
Don't have no place that I call my own,
My feet still have the feel of the road in 'em,
The humming sound of pavement sings my anthem,

I ride the bus, don't drive no car,
Rather ride my bike, if I ain't goin' far,
Know how to seek and know where to find,
Being broke rarely leaves me in a bind,

You say "Speak in English please"
But I would rather speak Japanese,
Spanish or Chinese, or whatever you please,
Because all of these sound good to me,

"Act my age?" You must be on drugs,
I rather enjoy dirt and picking up bugs,
Materialism and capitalism are a drag,
Peace and quiet are definitely my jag,

I may be different but don't you mind,
We may not be of the same sort or kind,
But don't mind difference, because it's just fine,
We just different colors, standing in line, all fittin' in the same rainbow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home