Sunday, December 10, 2006

yep, it's about that time again

Alrightee then. I'd say Christmas shipping season is off to a roar based on the number of people who came in yesterday. Sure it was dead for the first hour and a half, but as I suspected, it was just the lull before the storm...and people who don't have to work on Saturdays probably like to sleep in, I'm guessing. I personally wouldn't know...I can't remember the last time I had a Saturday off.

We were slammed with people pretty much all day. I got massively dehydrated and didn't have time to really eat or anything, but never quite lost my sense of humor. In fact, people weren't that bad. They were mostly reasonable, civil and adequately prepared. Nobody just cranky, uppity or bothersome. All in all, it definitely wasn't a bad day, just a busy one.

By the time I got home, I was exhausted though. I yawned all the way home on the train, trudged up the street and fell down on the couch. I doubt I would have stayed up past 9pm except Brian insisted I had to watch The Grinch Stole Christmas with him. And it's kind of appropriate. The opening sequence takes place in a post office. There's lots of social critique on the materialistic side of the holidays. And a message of tolerance. It seemed appropriate under the circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home