Monday, December 04, 2006

all kindsa weird

"I'd a took the right road, But I must have took a wrong turn." I should just forget about trying to go a place by memory, especially one that wasn't easy to get to the first time. I tend to get myself into more trouble that way. Che-who? Don't nobody know WHAT i was talking about...

"I been in the right place, But it must have been the wrong time." No we weren't expecting you...Oh. After running around the field from first to third, it was all anti-climactic slide to the home plate-only no one was there. So much for that.

"I been in the right trip, But I must have used the wrong car." My car's been doing this crazy little thing where the check engine light comes on after you exceed 55 mph. Hope this is just a quirk rather than a wallet-cleaner-outer. Reading about it online at least makes me realize that it's a common enough occurrence, and the car IS about 13 years old so it stands to reason that things will get quirky whether or not I happen to like it.

"My head was in a bad place, And I'm wondering what it's good for" The moon musta been void-of-course all afternoon because I felt like I was in some kind of strange brain-fog. Luckily communication demands were low today and my taking 30 minutes to make each decision was not that big of a deal.

"I been the right place, But it must have been the wrong time." The nice thing about doing all your Christmas shopping early on a Monday morning is that you have every place in the whole wide world completely to yourself. No employees to pounce on you because they're too busy doing inventory or unloading boxes or cleaning. I had time to browse around unimpeded all day. Nice.

"Got to give myself a little talking to this time" I won't be able to get away with any of these moves tomorrow, that's for sure.

"I been in the wrong place, But it must have been the right time" I had some amazing strokes of luck at the book store. Shoulda gone to the library while I was on the roll of victory...I probably woulda found the most amazing things in stock today after a weekend of stuff accumulating in the dropboxes.

"Would have made the right move, But I made it at the wrong time" Shoulda got the Eric Cartman T-shirt when I saw it the first time...I don't think my student teaching career will be complete without the "Respect my Authority" shirt... heh. The response I usually get most of the time is "Eww, teens"?!, "No way, not me!", "No way in hell". It's times like this that I realize that not everyone is cut out for my crazy life, sometimes not even me...what WAS that girl screaming about anyway? I guess you can check my pulse tomorrow and see if I still feel this ambivalent.

3 volumes of vagabond=$3. The feeling of falling completely off the face of the earth and dropping out of life for a day=priceless.

word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home