Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Can you believe it?

It's so hard to believe that there's only 13 days of school left...where has the year gone? It's starting to get to that point in the year that I know when I work somewhere, it's probably for the last time this year...it's unusual to get a multiple day job this late in the year.

Last year, around this time, I was finishing my last term at PSU for my Master's Degree, and I was probably up to my eyeballs in projects and papers and such. I remember feeling pretty burned out by that time. This year, I'm winding down the year at a more leisurely pace, but watching the kids go through the end-of-the-year wake-up call brings back a lot of memories of my own.

This summer I'm going to try to take a couple of classes, so hopefully I'll be able to finish everything for me ESL endorsement (except the practicum--can't do that in the summer). Don't know when I'll ever get around to that, but that's how it goes...

I'm on the list for summer substitute teaching, but if I ever get called, it'll be a miracle. A lot of people are talking about jobs...or the lack of them. I'm not expecting to do anything next year but sub, and that's fine with me. I don't think I need the stress right now anyway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home