Monday, May 18, 2009

To eat or not to eat, that is the question

I haven't had any crazy food cravings as of yet. Maybe it's just too early, but people always ask if pickles and/or ice cream are sounding more attractive these days. No, they aren't folks...

If anything, I have the opposite problem. Nothing food-wise sounds even remotely appealing to me. Nothing! Not even things I normally really enjoy. I've never been less interested in eating and food in my entire life. I can tell you that it makes it hard to eat healthy when everything edible inspires a feeling of infinite blahness! I'm not even really grappling with morning sickness in the classical sense, just a total and complete lack of interest in food.

Right now it's difficult to find ANYTHING that sounds appealing. Occasionally some fleeting thing will inspire me, so I've learned I better jump on it before I lose interest altogether. I am having some minor food aversions (this unfortunately seems to include greens, which I really should be eating more of, not less). Apparently, that's really common.

Right now, I guess you could say that I don't know what if anything sounds good to me. I'm usually fine once I actually start eating, but getting there is tough. I'm trying to eat healthy, though, but it sure feels like a chore most of the time. Decision-making around food is pretty problematic...it's hard to want to eat when you don't know what you want. I almost wish I was institutionalized some days so the choice would be out of my hands entirely. I've noticed that I do so much better if I don't have to actually prepare the food in any way, but eating out is far too expensive to do it more than once a week, and I can't get Brian interested in cooking.

The other piece of weirdness is that I never feel hungry, even when I am...and I also can't seem to eat very much at one time (which was never a problem before)-so a lot of the time, I have to eat meals like dinner in two shifts.

I miss being able to eat like a normal person...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home