Saturday, April 25, 2009

positive about being positive

It's official, yours truly is pregnant! It certainly didn't take long to get the results either.

The new moon, and Friday night, came and went. When I woke up this morning, I figured we had a date with Walgreen's. And let me tell you, it was a surreal experience. I've never had a reason to buy a home pregnancy test in my life...never been the sort to put myself in the kinds of situations where I might need one. But here we were, like clueless teenagers, standing in the contraceptives aisle at Walgreen's. One thing I never realized is that there's so many different types of home pregnancy tests--why they need to have 8 different brands and at least two versions of each is beyond me. Why make a complicated situation even more complicated? It's not like you're choosing a brand of soda--you're performing a basic clinical examination of your urine. It's hard to figure out what exactly the difference is between any of them, except that some are single use and some multiple use. I'm guessing they all work about the same way--pee on a stick and wait for something to happen. I went with a digital model that displays “pregnant” or “not pregnant.” Mine didn't take very long either--about a minute later, I looked down and it declared what I had suspected all week long.

It's kind of a weird feeling...but a good one. I'm pretty excited actually. In my case, this isn't unwelcome news. I don't know how "ready" you can be for something like parenthood, but I feel like it's going to be just fine. I spend all day around kids at work, so I'm already pre-disposed to the idea on a certain level.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home