Wednesday, April 22, 2009

a pretty typical day

It was a pretty smooth day overall. Everyone seemed really happy to see me, which was kind of cute.

A student who hasn't been attending regularly came for the first time in a month, and was only there a couple of periods, and basically slept the whole time. Another student was absent, and a third didn't come until lunch time. The morning was very quiet--even more so than usual.

I found one kid's reading packet, but the other kid's was missing, so I used one of my extras--fortunately I remembered to bring them with me, even if I couldn't remember my time sheet (doh!). I also couldn't find their data tracking sheets, so I just had to keep handwritten notes.

A few students were in non-working mode, but most at least made attempts. It was surprising that it was none of the people I would have predicted. I tried to take them to the book fair during third period, but sadly, it was closed.

They all seemed a bit down all day--they were sweethearts over all, but lacked their usual energy. Then again, their "usual energy" is not necessarily a good thing. Either way, I think these guys have had a rough week and are a bit tired of strangers. I think after three days of subs, they are more than ready to have their regular teacher back in the classroom.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home