Sunday, April 19, 2009

tested negative

Brian made me go to the doctor because my cold kept getting worse. I've nearly lost my voice from coughing so much. Sigh...doesn't look good for working next week after all. I'll be lucky if I don't have to cancel the whole week, and I feel really bad about even having to cancel at all...

While I was at the doctor's office, I decided to jump the gun and have them test me, even though I would find out fairly soon just by waiting. I felt like I had to, though, just in case, because without knowing for certain, my options for treating this cold are pretty limited. There's a long confusing list of OTC drugs you're not supposed to take if you think you might be pregnant. According to the labeling on my favorite brand of herbal tea, I can't have that either...so I'm totally screwed. It would be nice to know if I can have some Nyquil...Sudafed would be really awesome! Both are off-limits, and as a person who works with developmentally disabled kids pretty regularly, I take warnings about teratogens REALLY SERIOUSLY.

The trouble is, I forgot that I'd have to "hold it" until they tested me. I totally forgot about the logistics involved in pregnancy testing, and had to start chugging some water fast in the lobby...I felt nervous as a teenager waiting for the results to come back, but it was anticlimactic. The results came back negative. I went ahead and got situated for the cold and we went home.

I'll have to admit that it was a bit of a letdown for both of us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home