Wednesday, April 08, 2009

better late than never

I almost didn't work today...

I managed to miss three calls yesterday evening, I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, and I just couldn't get excited about getting up for the morning callout. But in spite of it all, my phone rang again around 7:30 when I was awake and feeling much more motivated to entertain ideas of going someplace. What sealed the deal was that it was a school I have never been to...

So I hustled myself on over as fast as I could manage, for an afternoon at a middle school. Today I got to do all of the following:

1. 6th grade sex education
2. teach 3 wildly enthusiastic kids how to write in Japanese
3. frogmarch a kid through fractions
4. see a kid use a braille typewriter (a brailler)
5. learned about an interesting math/logic game website

Everyone seemed really excited about the fact that I was certified, so I may be back there in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home