Monday, March 30, 2009

super rad!

I love having an excuse to work at this school--any excuse--the kids are pretty mellow and a lot of the other teachers are amazing. And to think I used to let these jobs go by because I was freaked out by how tricky the commute was. What a nice gig to land on a Monday morning...

I haven't done Life Skills in awhile, not because I don't like Life Skills (it's actually one of my favorite subbing gigs) but mainly because I've only been getting called for elementary jobs (which I'm kind of avoiding because I'm tired of getting sick). But today I decided a secondary level Life Skills class was just the sort of thing I needed on my first day back after spring break. Good choice, too, since the kids were so much fun to hang out with all day.

Yep, Life Skills is one of my favorite assignments (even though it's pretty unrelated to my certification area...then again so is EBD, but I do that all the time too, so go figure). If it weren't for the mounds of paperwork, and the endless meetings, I'd seriously consider being a SPED teacher. Sadly, though, it's the paras who get to have the real fun in Special Ed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home