Sunday, April 05, 2009

problem solved!

I like to joke that half of my house came from the Rebuilding Center, which is one of my favorite Portland institutions (and horrible vices). That's where we got our front and back doors, and now we can add yet another thing to the list...a kitchen cabinet.

Since we installed the dishwasher, we now no longer need the rollaway, but I need my drawers back, and the horizontal space where the microwave was hanging out. We went to Ikea, but the only suitable thing there was about $325. I figured as long as we were looking at those rates, I might as well at least try to see if I could score something over at the Rebuilding Center before coughing up those kind of funds. Sure enough, while we were prowling around back in the warehouse full of kitchen cabinets, there was the perfect thing for $50. Score! Once again, I get to have exactly what I want, save the environment, and save a lot of money in the process--hooray Rebuilding Center!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home