Monday, January 05, 2009

Hot diggety

Well it looks like the second half of the school year is off to a roaring start...it looks like I may have walked right into an awesome long-term subbing gig at a middle school. Although this particular assignment isn't a perfect match with my particular qualifications, it does give me the opportunity to gain some sustained experience teaching 7th and 8th graders, involves a great deal of autonomy and self-direction (my favorite), will probably look good on a resume, and will ensure that I have somewhere to go every day for the next month.

About the only downsides are that it's a classified job (so I won't get paid as much--but certified jobs have been kinda scarce lately anyhow), and it involves a lot of math (fortunately at an instructional level I should be able to handle most of the time). On the plus side, the kids seem totally fine. Thus begins my adventures in a long-term sub position...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home