Sunday, January 04, 2009

The end of winter break is at hand...

Well, it's the last day before school starts up again. Just like the kids, I'm sure, I don't know if I'm ready to go back to getting up early and turning my brain on before noon...

I haven't done much for the past couple of weeks, except geek out and work on my on-going Language Arts curriculum project. (I've been gathering stuff, ever since I first started working in schools, on the off-chance it ever turned into a more permanent gig.) Since I've been at it for so long, I'm really starting to flesh out some good unit plans. Since I'm also working in every imaginable grade and setting, I also have scrounged up a pretty good pile of worksheets and stuff for those "plan B moments" that you have sometimes when you're a sub.

It snowed again today, but not enough that I need to worry about them cancelling school tomorrow. I don't know if I'll get called for anything. I've only seen a couple of postings, and one's high school math, so there isn't a chance in the world of me taking it...we'll see what the morning brings.

All I know is I am getting kinda tired of lying around the house (endless freedom is no fun when the weather's lousy), and I kinda miss being around teenagers. Crazy, I know, but I'll have to admit that I kinda miss all the corny jokes, earnest stories, and exuberance that comes with the job of being a teacher of teens. Teens rock! Wouldn't want to be one again for anything, but I kinda enjoy having them in my life. It keeps things from getting too dull.

So yeah, the whole holiday shebang is over with for another year. I'm ready for Chinese New Year, and another semester of school time madness. Let's see what second semester has up its sleeves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home