Wednesday, December 10, 2008

wound up

Today it was 4th and 5th graders in an elementary school I've been to about 3 times now.

Normally things are pretty mellow with this bunch, but Christmas is in two weeks, and the moon's full. It's a tough time to be working in a school for that reason, and everyone seemed more than a bit off today.

I spent a lot of the afternoon putting out fires, and giving kids the look of death when they started showing me how goofy they can get, but to be perfectly fair, I also learned how to make some origami from a kid, taught some kids how to play division wars (a great re-direction game to kill time and reinforce math concepts when you're subbing), played some basketball, and watched the wizard of Oz.

Yep, it's not all bad, even when you get a little tired of telling kids to "get back to work" and "quit playing around", but man I'm tired this evening! I think tomorrow I'm gonna stick with teens. They're crazy too, but not so high-energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home