Monday, December 08, 2008

sometimes you should just go with it

You'd think on a Monday I could find a certified job, but nope! It was a very quiet morning, and it was looking like there wasn't going to be anywhere to go, but at the last minute I got a call for a job over at an elementary school. Generally, I'm not too wild about having to go over to SW, but beggars can't be choosers, and it's really not going to kill me to expand my horizons a bit, so I jumped in the car and endured the frustrating drive across the Ross Island Bridge...

The job ended up being pretty awesome. I was assisting a bunch of kids in a wide variety of mainstream classes at different levels, and I'll have to admit, at this school even the fifth graders were likeable. The kids were fun and were doing pretty interesting stuff in their classes, so I had a good day at what ended up being a pretty delightful school. Of course I went home a bit tired (because elementary's a bit high energy for me), but it was still a pleasant and fun time. This was definitely one of those days where I had the "I can't believe someone's paying me to do this!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home