Saturday, December 06, 2008

a day in the life of a para

This sounds like an interesting read for anyone who's interested in being an educator or is currently working in education. Apparently some feller named Dave Roche wrote a zine (book?) about his days as a para-sub with PPS. This sounds fascinating to me since this is what I do (as well as certified substitute teaching), so I'll definitely have to get a hold of this and read it myself. I strongly encourage you to do so too, especially if you have a teacher or paraeducator in your life. I don't know about other people, but I find that other than here in this blog, I rarely bother sharing with others what this job is like. Sure I'll tell my husband some of the more heartwarming or amusing tales of life in the trenches, but for me it's really difficult to explain what it is about spending my days around kids that really charges my batteries. It's tough to explain because a lot of what you see and do is confidential (hence the lack of detail in this blog). This guy probably does a much better job than I ever could explaining what really goes on in the classrooms...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home