Monday, January 07, 2008

ode to monday

Today's ephemera served up with a side of toast and your choice of beverage

Current mood :: bitter and frustrated with a dash of nostalgia for all things 10th grade.

Current music :: Bob Marley (someone was rocking out in the public computer lab), then the theme was carried over in class when I saw that Kelly used a Bob Marley song in her worksample.

Current taste :: i'm on a cheese kick

Current hair :: clean!

Current clothes :: The usual winter attire: the Oregon Lumberjack Combo. Today's fasion optional model is a grey flannel shirt, with a super comfortable pair of jeans (I will confess that I found out on the curb back in September).

Current annoyance :: peeling skin, lack of field placement, mildly upset stomach, aggroswervy busdrivers, loud public cellphone confessions, people who get in the way.

Current smells :: woodstoves (unfortunately not mine), sourdough bread, chocolate

Current thing I ought to be doing :: uploading my worksample or doing my homework, cleaning wouldn't hurt either.

Current book :: I just finished a book about Katrina, and I'm borrowing a book from Caskey about Middle School Curriculum by Beane. I also need to be reading The Students are Watching. The book I'm most looking forward to is Fugitive Cultures.

Current cd in stereo :: Rebecca's Australian Mix

Current hate :: not having a field placement to report to today.

Last thing you Bought :: haven't purchased anything today. Go anticapitalist me!

...Ate :: sourdough bread

...Drank :: my special redwood lapsang souchoun tea, which is something I've been making since I worked at Valley View (and got inspired by the the heavenly scented leftovers I had on my hands after a cosmetic trim job on a coastal redwood that had been badly mangled). I've been loving this homemade combo ever since, which tastes and smells just like a summer camping trip. I think for me, that's a good thing.

...Read :: The Beane book on the bouncy bus ride home from PSU tonight. When I wasn't reading it, I'd look up at this cute kid across the aisle sitting with her mom. She was quite entertaining in her own right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home