Monday, January 07, 2008

back to skool...sorta

Well, it's that time again. Time to put the holidaze back in cardboard boxes for another year and go back to school...at least my PSU class, anyway.

Since my field placement for Student Teaching II never materialized, I don't have much else going on, and I'll readily admit that I'm slightly jealous of everyone in my cohort who has places to go and people to see (sniff sniff). Truth be told, regardless of whether or not I have someone to go, I totally miss my 10th graders from my field placement for last fall (even the squirrely random kids who if nothing else kept my days from ever becoming dull). I miss the continuity of going to a familiar place, seeing familiar faces, and watching the daily dramas of a group of kids making the transition into sophomores. It's my favorite time of year and I feel like I'm totally missing it...sigh

Now I get to play the waiting game. Frankly it feels exactly like applying for jobs, and not knowing if or when the phone is ever going to ring. My plan to pass the time is pretty similar to the way I normally deal with extended bouts of unemployment...read as much as humanly possible (and do as much of my homework in advance as I can) so that when I actually have someone to go on weekdays, I can devote my full attention to that. Oh and of course resist the temptation of sleeping in and make myself get out of the house before noon and go to PSU and pretend I have demands upon my time. Otherwise I'll be far too tempted to sit around the house all day. Needless to say, ANY school that calls me back (inshallah) is going to receive boundless gratitude, even if the circumstances end up being far less than ideal.

Having more time to read read read is nice, but I'm gonna pay for it later, that's for sure. Aiya, I don't even want to think about it...it's not gonna be pretty, yo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home