Wednesday, March 01, 2006

きょうは私の誕生日だ。

Had a pretty good day at tutoring. Most of the kids were on task and I didn't have to get on anyone's case too much because I think everyone who was there realized how deep in the hole they were. R- was staring off into space for half the session...reminds me of the saying, you can lead the horse to the water but you can't make him drink...

Probably the most exciting venue for a phone interview is on a city bus. yep. Didn't quite make it home before I got the incoming call. So I tried to conduct a coherent conversation through a couple of transfers and the usual hype that you get on the bus...i was so absorbed in the conversation i managed to miss my stop and had to walk a couple of extra blocks home. Does that end up making me look like the queen of multi-tasking or a space cadet? It's a fine line, friends...

So lo and behold I actually do something on my birthday. What a concept! I ran into the neighbor's kids while i was out cultivating so i kicked it with them for awhile, then talked to liz, then brian took me out to dinner. then we came home and i opened my two presents and watched chicken run. not bad for a weeknight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home