Thursday, August 11, 2005

mercy and grand

i was lost. couldn't find the library but thought it was on fremont. yelled and cursed and sailed my shipwreck of a ghetto bike up and down the street a hundred times. i guess it's not a total loss...it's a nice neighborhood to ride a bike through. but in the end, i ended up at wild goats instead.

i feel more at ease following my more feral of instincts, drifting down the back streets, into places no one ever goes. i feel at home with himalayan blackberries staining my fingers, and lurking under the highway. watching the trains go by makes me lonesome for the open road.

throw me out in the rain and see where i wash up next...

i like the idea of hamming it up for a job interview. hope my idea of a good time isn't lost on the audience. how often can i get away with being silly? and maybe get paid too?

it will always come to find you, the thing that you are most. it's hard to get rid of the scars and tattoos. it's hard to get that song out of your head. it's hard to shake off them blues. it's time to petition the gods of the river to hear my foolish thoughts. it always comes from within like a wind under the crack of my door. i bust up out of abandoned places, like a mutant himalayan blackberries, put a fence in my way and i grow right on through it like breeze through the trees.

p.s. you should see what neat things you can do with a yan-yan sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home