Friday, February 06, 2009

jackpot!

Today I won the substitute teaching jackpot!

I won't get too specific but let's just say it's a creampuff kinda dream job that's a regular cakewalk compared to most of my usual gigs. I have no idea how I ever got so lucky after several mishaps with subfinder and a regular drought of certified gigs, but maybe it's karma's blessing for my week of back-to-back EBD classes.

Whatever the cause of such good fortune, I was extremely happy to have a light afternoon of mild-mannered teens who wouldn't know the first thing about behavior goals. As much as I like my tough crowds, it's nice to have something easy on my plate once in awhile too. And today got to be that day. Sometimes when you're a sub, it's nice to have a day where your presence in the room is more of a legal formality than a necessary precaution against full-scale mayhem.

And boy is it a good thing I had a light afternoon because after this week, I am tired and feeling like I've run out of gas. Normally I enjoy myself so much it's a little frightening, but for some reason I've been kinda cranky all week, and not feeling at all productive, so it's kind of nice to have a benign sort of Friday to wind things down on. Maybe this is proof that once in awhile things CAN go my way, and I don't always have to be hustlin' all the time...

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some BSG to go watch. It is Friday night after all, and this is one of life's few blatantly non-academic pleasures.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home