Monday, January 26, 2009

this is the end

This is the end
Beautiful friend...

Well, I thought I had about 4 more days left but it looks like my cozy little long-term sub position is about to come to an abrupt end. It's a bummer, but this is how things go when you're a sub. It really is about living from day to day because you just really never know what will happen from one day to the next. (The analogy between this and the military is pretty apt, I think). I feel guilty because I didn't get a chance to warn the kids or say goodbye or anything. And yes, I will admit that I have gotten rather attached to them, warts and all, having been there for a few weeks now. Even though I know better...at least it all ended on a good note, and I don't have it on my conscience that anything was left hanging or undone. So life goes on, I guess. I'm back into the mix, and who can really say what will happen tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home