Thursday, January 15, 2009

7th grade math

One day in the life of 7th grade math...

Let’s get started!
Lights off!
“So what we’re doing today is…”
Tapping our pencils obsessively
“…The Pythagorean Theorem and…”
Creating a drumline on binders still closed
Our undivided attention is on the oblivious kid
Grind of the pencil sharpener
Grating a terrible tune
“Yet there is some symmetry there…and then you find out—“
“Boogers!”

The squealing rasp of desks scraping across the floor,
Punctuated by giggles,
“Equals the square root of what?”
Could someone close the door?
*Poke* Don’t touch my right triangle!
Here you go! It’s Goofy Friday!
“I don’t want anyone to get lost.”
“Well, I’m not inviting you to my birthday party!”
Questions? “I have no idea.”
“I got all the ones I did…”
“I told you, I’m not inviting you to my birthday party!”
Questions? “Oh wait!”
“Why is this one yellow?”
“Because you’re golden!”
Questions?
“Oh yeah, we all got questions!”
Questions?
“Wax on, wax off!”
So no questions?
So what else do we know? “I have no idea.”
The square root of…
The winter sun is finally peeking through the window
Which equals what? “Poop!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home