Thursday, January 29, 2009

one day a month

So today I finally pick up a job with district #1.

I have been so busy at district #2 that I haven't worked for the first district since mid-December...

Today I was at a middle school that I've worked at several times this year, and a few times in the past as well. It's one of my preferred places to work (even though I usually have some kind of recess duty which is not my fave) because I know the kids pretty well, feel comfortable with the rest of the staff, and enjoy the kids at this school.

All in all it was a pretty relaxing day, and I just kinda coasted through the afternoon. The kids were kinda restless but didn't take it out on me at all, so it was pretty smooth sailing. I did a lot of science and math today (a theme lately, I guess) and I spent some downtime teaching the kids some Japanese. Yep, not a bad day at all, even though I was tired until well past noon.

This week's been so crazy that I think I'm just in need of a break. I'm kinda glad that all I'm doing on Friday is sharing some of my language arts curriculum with Margo, and hanging out a bit. I need a break for some reason...

This has kind of been my EBD week, which has given me some time to think about it a bit more. Am I the best ever at it? Probably not, but I'm not the worst either. I do have a decent sense of how to interact with kids positively, not to push them to the point of frustration and meltdown, and how not to get my own buttons pushed...That's probably about as good as it can be...it's not like I've ever been trained in this area--I'm just kind of figuring it out as I go along...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home