Friday, November 07, 2008

fab friday

You may wonder what benefits a secondary teacher might gain from subbing in an elementary school aside from pay. As Ken Peterson would probably say, some of the most innovative things tend to happen in elementary school settings, and there's a lot to learn from that, even if you aren't necessarily planning on being an elementary-level educator.

I picked up a gig for Friday over at an elementary school I haven't been to in quite awhile. While elementary school jobs are not necessarily my first choice in assignments, I knew that if nothing else it should be a pretty fun day since Fridays often are in elementary schools. And I always enjoy meeting new people.

I also had numerous opportunities to see some pretty good disciplinary moves in dealing with the antics of difficult kids, new teaching ideas, and PBS strategies. In fact, I tend to carry around a notebook so I can record some of the good ideas and other things I see so I can use them later on in my own classroom.

It was a pretty interesting day. I got to go to a hilarious morning assembly, music (fun), and goof around with some kids at recess, do a fun art project, hear corny jokes, eat popcorn, discover new books (Diary of Wimpy Kid is hilarious), and meet some interesting kids.

Yes, Friday are Fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home