Thursday, March 06, 2008

Subs I'd like to have...

Mrs. G is the best substitute teacher EVER. I've seen her around the school on several occasions, wearing her cute outfits with her huge JESUS pin. She's an old school dynamo and has the "grandma" vibe going strong. I figured she must be a darn good sub because she gets obviously gets requested all the time and on a typical week I'd see her 3 days out of 5. Finally I had a chance to watch her do her thing because my CT was out and had requested her. The kids obviously knew her pretty well because they groaned when they heard she was coming, but they acted like angels almost all day while she was in the room.

I know that one of the things that makes her so effective is that she totally reminds you of your grandma-and who gets out of line at grandma's house? Nobody I know! She's also probably been in that school longer than most of the teachers, and I feel fairly certain that she must be a retired teacher because she knows the moves. She's also really good at giving clear instructions, and insisting on them being followed. She also has this great subbing persona (don't play around with me). She's so good at classroom management that it's spooky to watch. In fact, she should be teaching classes on it!

Anyhow, out of all the subs I've ever seen, she's definitely the one I'd want on my speed dial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home