Sunday, February 10, 2008

moving on up...

Sticking to the tradition, it looks like we're going to be moving pretty soon because we're taking the plunge and buying a house.

Although we've talked about it for awhile, we hadn't planned on doing anything about it until closer to summer time (for one I'm still in school and really don't want to move in the middle of it all, and two, who really wants to move in the rain?), however a house that I've been admiring for quite awhile (that I walk past it almost daily) unexpectedly went up for sale a few weeks back, so we decided to jump on it and not wait around. The asking price was a lot lower than most comparable houses in the area and it's in really good condition so we decided to get moving on it. It's a 3 bedroom single-story house built in 1910 that's two blocks down from where we live (on the same street) and has a nice big fenced yard (yay!).

This means that we can finally get a dog, dig a pond in the yard, install a woodstove, get some rain barrels set up, build raised beds, plant fruit trees and do all those other crazy things you can't do when you're renting.

We'll probably be moving in about a month or so, and while I'm not looking forward to cardboard boxes and packing and unpacking and buying appliances, I am looking forward to having a lot more space and freedom. I'm especially looking forward to putting my bargain hunting skills to use and see if I've still got the moves...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When you are ready for your rain barrels - check out www.aquabarrel.com! happy homesteading!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl you still got game! I can't wait to see pics of the house!
(luv, shawna)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home