Sunday, March 09, 2008

randomness

Do you have any pets? Right now, I have a cat, and some fish. We're planning on getting a dog in the near future. I'd also like to have some chickens pecking around in the back yard!
Name three things that are physically close to you: A green and white afghan (very St. Patrick's Day) made by my aunt, the never-ending pile of schoolwork and papers, and a pile of remotes for various electronic gadgets.
What is the last book you read? I just finished Storm Front (part of the Dresden Files series), needless to say it's definitely light reading. I also am currently slowly savoring Parker Palmer.
Are you or were you a good student? I wasn't as a kid (too lazy), but I am definitely now.
What's your favorite sport? I like watching basketball, I like playing soccer.
Do you enjoy sleeping late? Not as much as I used to. I don't need to as much any more.
What's the weather like right now? It looks pretty gloomy and grey outside the window. It's a pretty typical scene for Portland. If I had to guess, I'd say it's in the 50's and planning on raining-again.
Do you drive? Not real often, no. It's not my preferred mode of transportation.
Do you believe in karma? Definitely.
Do you collect anything? I collect too many things! Particular vices are books, rocks, and plants.
Are you proud of yourself? About 90% of the time I am. The other 10% of the time is when I've screwed something up and realized it.
Are you reliable? For the most part.
Have you ever given money to a bum? Occasionally, but not real often. For one I don't exactly have money to give away, and two, I'm more inclined to buy you dinner or a cup of coffee than just give you a dollar.
Do you like the smell of gasoline? Oddly yes.
Do like to draw? Sure but I rarely have time to do it anymore.
What's your favorite invention? Currently, I'd have to say computers! They're a lifesaver when you have to write tons of papers.
Is your room messy? Yes, I currently don't have much free time, and what little I do have certainly isn't being wasted on cleaning.
What do you like better: oranges or apples? I like them both about equally.
Do you give in easily? No, I'm stubborn as a mule tend to stick to my guns on things that are important to me. I give in only when it doesn't matter much to begin with, or I can no longer hold out and appear rational.
Are you a good guesser? Not really, no.
Can you read other people's expressions? Not very well.
Are you a bully? Definitely not, I think being civil is important.
What time did you wake up this morning? Far too early for a day off.
What did you eat for breakfast this morning? I like grits!
What do you plan on doing tomorrow? Same thing as always-going to school.
What's your favorite day of the week and why? Friday afternoons are exhilarating because school's out and I can sleep in for a couple of days.
Have you ever been scuba diving? Not but I used to go snorkeling almost every weekend.
What's your least favorite color? probably pink.
Is there someone you have been constantly thinking about? If yes, who? My family and friends are people I think about all the time because I don't see them very often.
Would you ever go skydiving? I doubt it, I'm not a big fan of heights or free-falling.
What toothpaste do you use? Tom's of Maine is the only way to go for me. Not only are the flavor choices superb, but the texture/consistency is much less of a sensory nightmare than standard toothpaste which makes me want to hurl. Not to mention it's not tested on animals, always a plus in my book.
Do you enjoy challenges? Sure, it keeps life from getting dull.
What's the last movie you saw? American Gangster and I was pleasantly surprised--it's better than I thought it would be, and the soundtrack is awesome.
What do you want to know about the future? Not much really, I'm kinda living day to day right now.
Who was the last person you spoke over the phone to? My brother.
What's your favorite school subject? Anything history related, or literature.
What's your least favorite school subject? Math-I'm terrible at math. For me, it's a surefire GPA killer. I love Geometry though.
Would you rather have money or love? Definitely love. I'm not all that into money.
What is your dream vacation? I don't know, right now I'd be pretty happy to go anywhere new and different.
What is your favorite animal? I like lots of different animals for different reasons. Just take me to the zoo and you'll see...
Do you miss anyone right now? I miss everyone!
What's the last sporting event you watched? I went to see the Blazers play the Celtics about a week ago.
Do you listen to the radio? Not very much here because my taste in music is not exactly what's well-established here. I listened to it more in Memphis where they played better music. Now I have discovered Pandora, and that's about as close as I get most of the time.
Where were you when 9/11 happened? Just like George Bush, I was in a reading classroom.
What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Get my money back from customer service pronto.
Have you ever caught a butterfly? Yes, but I usually leave them alone now that I'm older and better understand how fragile they are.
Who was the last person to make you laugh? Probably my husband. He's funny.
Do you have any obsessions right now? One can never have too many obsessions.
Do you like things that glow in the dark? Guilty! I'd love to have the glow in the dark stars on my wall again...
Do you watch cartoons? I like to, but I currently don't have time for much TV.
Have you ever sat on a roof? I love hanging out on roofs!
Have you ever been to a different country? Sure, I've been to a few.
Name three things in the world you dislike: rude/inconsiderate/selfish people, pollution, and noise
Do you like sushi? Oh yes! Good thing I know how to make it.
Do you hold grudges? Not really, I tend to get over things quickly and move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home