Thursday, March 13, 2008

I am poem

I'm okay with my name it, but it's pretty ordinary.
It's all about where I'm at, where I’ve been, and where I’m still going.

My look is pretty Zora Neale Hurston--a bit offbeat and zany.
I admire people who are true to themselves, who are out there making a positive difference in the world.

I believe problems exist to keep the mind sharp, and life from being dull.
I don't like high fructose corn syrup, fake people, or things made out of plastic.
I don't need much of an excuse to go somewhere.
I drink my coffee black and laugh in the face of danger; I get mad, but I don't stay angry.

I grew up reading Calvin and Hobbes, Farside, Boondocks.
I have too many collections of too many things, my worst vices are rocks and paper and perhaps too many pairs of flipflops.
I love to go camping and be outdoors—it’s good therapy after spending too much time in rooms with fluorescent lights.
I love to read, I probably read more than all of my students combined.

I really couldn't care less about celebrities, and it seems the feeling’s mutual.
I still like to stop to smell the roses.
I still love learning new things and look forward to it every day.

I think that most of life’s annoyances are created by people who are self-centered and inconsiderate.
I think that there's no way I'd ever want to be president, I have better things to do like teach kids how to read and more importantly--why.
Although I love where I live, I wish I could see my family more than once a year.

I wish I was better at math, finances, and organization.
I can't remember what a vacation is but I’m pretty certain it doesn't involve grading papers—or writing them.
I'm an English teacher. Alliteration rocks!

I'm completely oblivious to fashion, I'm more likely to be wearing an old pair of jeans than a skirt, and I’ll probably be wearing the loudest socks in the room.
I'm pretty comfortable with who I am, accustomed to my own quirks and foibles.

I've always been very good at staying in one piece, but I’ve never been good at staying in one place.
I've never gotten salmonella poisoning from wild grape vines, raspberries snaked over the back fence, or tomatoes off the vine.
I really don't care too much about politics, it seems like either way, the government wins.
My family is definitely crazy but I love them.

Sometimes I think life is like a rollercoaster ride, and sometimes I believe it’s all in my head.
Three wishes I’d like to have are: More freetime, fewer putdowns, and that people would think more about what they do before they go out and do it.

On the perfect day, I won’t miss the bus. Nobody scary with hygiene issues will sit down next to me. I will get where I'm going on time. It won’t be raining. The kids I teach will all be delightfully amusing, and nobody will be talking out of turn, talking back, arguing, messing around, or saying “shut up”. In fact, nobody will whine about anything, and everything will go according to plan.

Usually my wallet's usually empty, and so's my gas tank
When I die, I’m leaving all my worldly possessions to Goodwill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home