Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Long December

Woke up sometime after midnight
And looked up at the ceiling
There's no good reason to believe in the summer sun
And I know that I've been dreaming
Catch myself thinking too much about last year
In the endless December dusk
If you think you might come to Oregon, I think that you should
Can't remember the last thing that you said anything
I think if you asked me, I could
If you think all my sins could be forgiven
I really wish you would
These days that go by way too fast
Tellin' myself, maybe next year will be better than the last

Winter always smells like wet fences and damp chimney smoke
When it's looking pretty forlorn
Winter makes you laugh a little slower and dream a little longer I guess
It's been a long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
All at once the sun cuts through the clouds and leaps across a crowded room
The light attaches itself to the bus windows, the pages of my open books
Can't remember all the times I used to tell my myself
These dreary days ain't gonna last

(based on A Long December, Counting Crows)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home