Friday, May 18, 2007

making it up as we go

It's been one of those kinda weeks where I've had to just kinda make it up as I go. Felt like someone stirred up the water real good--things got murky real fast and half the time I didn't know which end was up. Every day was completely unlike the one before. Nothing went as expected. Nobody was consistent about anything. Nothing made any damn sense at all. They're talking a lot about inference over at Parkrose and frankly I've had to do a lot of inferring, and half of the time I don't know if it went all that well or not.

I've been reading this book by sister souljah...a little light reading, if you will (at least compared to Understanding by Design). it sure brings back some memories...it's been a long time since i've thought about new york.

Had kind of an interesting incident over the headscarf today. Sometimes that happens. Being different or standing out means you have to deal with shit sometimes, and sometimes people get nosy and get up in my affairs. I've been rockin' my headscarf playlist pretty continuously since about 2002 and frankly it's been awhile since anyone has seemed interested in it, and a long time since I've had to go into details... These days it's just second nature, but every now and then someone will come along and stir the pond up again. After mulling it over while eating lunch, I think I'm gonna gonna have to work on some kind of headscarf FAQ that I can print out and just carry around in my wallet. Would make things a bit easier me thinks.

Starting next week is "Project Hell Week". Everything in the world is due. It's like finals...but in Education you don't have exams, you just work on projects. My weekend is looking like a time to be proactive instead of a slacker, let's see if I can handle it.

I started writing poetry again after not doing it for quite some time. After writing tons of poems in college (since I didn't have to write tons of papers, I had some leftover energy for creative projects) and I wrote a lot while roaming the streets of Memphis. Then I got burned out and went through some hard times and quit writing in 2002, I was into a lot of other things at the time (like trying to survive) and kinda let my writing go by the wayside, and really this blog was about all the more writing I was doing in terms of composition. But lately, I've been in the mood. In a lot of classes that I've been observing they've been working on poetry, and that makes me want to get in on the mix. So I've been writing poems. It's cathartic and I feel like it really sharpens my observational capabilities. I'll have to post some stuff up here to bore the world with...after all what's the point of writing if it just stays on the D/L?

My brother is back in the mainland and everything's coming up roses, this crazy week does have a good end to it, if the beginning and middle were pretty shaky. word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home