Thursday, April 12, 2007

Park Rose High School

I've been out at Park Rose High School for the past couple of weeks with a group of PSU grad students from the School of Ed. There's a group of 5 of us stationed out there doing our initial observations.

Since my day starts at 6 am and I come home around 5pm, I'm too tired and exhausted to say much about this experience but I will say briefly that it's been extremely rewarding to me overall and given me an awful lot to think about in considering my next moves in becoming a teacher. I have had the chance to get to know and watch a lot of different teachers at their work. I will definitely miss this environment when I'm stuck in classes being a student myself...although I secretly confess I enjoy being a student these days...and even when it's less than thrilling I can still think of a thousand things that would be worse by far.

A teacher asked me today, "Do you get bored just sitting and watching all the time?" My answer would be no, because for one, school is done quite differently nowadays and doesn't resemble in any way shape or form what I experienced, and secondly I am the type of person who finds almost everything in a new environment interesting and worthy of attention. There are so many unfamiliar people to watch and try to figure out, a whole new social system to navigate and a completely unfamiliar environment to try to get "the understanding" of (as Howard would say at a time like this). It's all interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home