Friday, April 13, 2007

CIM-tastic

Grading papers for 7 hours is beyond fun. If you think of fun as a cycle of increasing fun-ness, I've cycled so far along that I'm back to the very beginning of the loop where I'm needing to increase the fun again.

On the plus side I was grading a paper that was so incredibly wonderfully fabulously good that I nearly burst with enthusiasm from the sheer joy of such having had the opportunity to read such well-placed phrases, elaborate yet functional vocabulary and successful and appropriate utilization of complex syntactical structures.

The downside of course is that it is quite possible that I will live a much more satisfying life if I never have the opportunity to read another "Teenage-girl (with flowing-blond hair, blue eyes and a smile as bright as the sun) meets fabulous rich hunky boy, is forbidden to date him (by her over-protective parents), runs away with him, and they live happily ever after with their two perfect angel kids (who naturally never cry and get ear infections)" -type of story. ever again. ever. But I'll never know because unfortunately I read at least 10 of those today. Aiya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home