Sunday, May 21, 2006

the other side

what i was thinkin' of? lord, what was i thinkin'?

"Voices, a thousand, thousand voices, whispering, the time has passed for choices...Golden days are passing over"

Thousand miles, wood and steel, trains moan into town from here and everywhere. Born on trains, raised on trains, been runnin' after them trains and seen more railroads than you can shake a stick at...
sticks and stones, sticks and stones cain't break ma bones but words, words...
words can make you cry rivers, chile.
Trains pull in and out of my dreams. I hear 'em now singin' their low down rainy night blues...singin' them songs of long long ago.

Those were different days, but the same times.
But they are gone to you chile, gone, you can only see them in the world of dreams.

"But I know I'll see you once more, When I see you, I'll see you on the other side."

Sometimes you go and put things in boxes and forget about them. But then you open the box, and suddenly remember...everything.

"Hold me, hold me tight, I'm falling, Far away. distant voices calling..."

If I had nothing to hold on to, I'd spin out of control and fall out all over the universe, you'd be picking up pieces of me all the way over in Georgia. Still I couldn't tell you just what it is I'm holding on to in these days of mobility. I really don't know, but whatever it is I'm hanging on tight, and I ain't gonna let go no matter what. Everybody got to have a dream or somethin'.

"I was down, but now I'm flying, Straight across the great divide"

Sometimes that wind still gets to me. ..makes me want to hit the road. I was born on a move, and dealing with "place" and staying put has never been my forte. I'm a vagabond, always have been. Probably always will be. It's in my blood, as real as anything. But the freedom of moving on means the freedom of being able to go back, as long as there's something to go back FOR.

"I'll see you, see you on the other side"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home