Friday, May 19, 2006

a brief reflection on my first day in SPED

...is a big ol' sweetie in disguise
...doesn't talk much, but he's huggy as all get out, and kicks ass on puzzles
...is inquisitive, insatiably curious, and wants to know about everything
I really can't imagine being this vulnerable--or this happy
I really don't know what quality of life means in this context
I've never seen such fragile children, such sweethearts, such a tightly woven fabric of caring and community in one room
I'm not here to judge anybody, just observe lives in progress
"You are so patient"
"It's easy to be that way--I'm used to much worse"
In a world where such basic things can't be taken for granted
Except love and happiness, which flow in abundance from a wellspring of good hearts

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home