Thursday, August 12, 2010

(Not) back to school

It's really weird seeing all the back-to-school sales going on when you walk in the store, and knowing that for the first time in years, I won't have a classroom to go to come September.

It's a really strange feeling.

One that's probably shared by all the other laid-off teachers out there, I'm sure.

I heard that Congress passed some emergency bill this week to try to save education jobs, but it's too late for a lot of us. I don't think most of us will get our jobs back any time soon. People who are just graduating will have no jobs to apply for, and even getting on as a sub will be very difficult in most districts. I'm pretty sure that the kids of politicians don't go to public schools. If they did, things never would have gotten this bad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home