Friday, March 13, 2009

spring?

It's finally starting to feel a bit less winter-like around here. True spring is still about a week away, but looking out the back door and seeing a robin looking up at me from the lush green grass made it seem a bit more likely that winter is finally on it's way out...as did seeing a pile of frolicky-looking squirrels this morning while I was out walking the dog.

The plums started blooming finally, and I'm starting to see a few daffodils--naturally not in my yard, of course. Maybe by next week... On a related note, the tulips all seem to be popping up all over the place, but unfortunately, out of all the crocuses I thought I planted, only a few made an appearance as of yet. It's kinda disappointing.

I should have been at a high school today instead of tottering around the neighborhood, but I haven't been feeling good since Tuesday so I've taken the second half of the week off to recuperate. Not something I would have preferred to do--after all, spring break's coming up fairly soon--but for some reason, I'm just not feeling it this week. The timing couldn't be worse considering I had all these lucrative certified language arts gigs lined up...sigh. I've waited nearly all school year to have options like this...

I'm starting the peas and some chard today. The seeds are sitting in a yogurt container on my windowsill be the kitchen sink. I'm hoping to have a better crop of chard this year than I had last year. Peas, of course, are always welcome around here.

It's Friday the 13th, and frankly it's been pretty uneventful...just the way I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home