Sunday, December 23, 2007

on the lighter side

Just in time for the primaries...a few messages from the Suicide Files

3. Rum, Romanism and Tammany

Idealism is fucking dead.
Laughed off the stage at countless conventions.
Laissez faire is en vogue again.
It's silver tongue has been heaven sent.
One man, one vote, throw it away.
One land, one hope, throw it away.
When every candidate looks the same, born of noble blood.
So don't fucking talk to me about our tradition of democracy.
Who the fuck am I supposed to believe in?


4. W

Thank god we've got heroes like you, who bravely stride forward when duty calls.
Just slow enough that people can still whisper in your ear.
And if compassion means biting your lip and posing for the cameras.
Then bravo! Well done! Skull and bones.


5. Ashcroft

If what it boils down to is that "you're either for us or against us,"
I guess I've got a tough, tough choice to make.
'Cause hollow patriotic actions and re-enactments don't move me.
And mostly this 21st century brand of propaganda and rhetoric,
Co-produced by Disney, and sanatized by CGI. Just makes me sick.
And when I peer through.
Through the red. Through the white. And through the blue.
I can see people like you.
Using tragedy to to advance your own narrow moral crusade.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home